March 19, 2012

Friends leaving

Right before my dad passed away on Sunday, his good friend, Bob Lee, called to talk to him. Bob had been in the hospital himself and knew that he wouldn't be able to come and visit. They chatted for a few minutes and then he told Mom to let him know when something happened. She did. Then received a call a few days later from Bob's wife saying that he had passed away. So one week was Dad's funeral, the next week was Bob's. I went with Mom and it was hard being there when we were still feeling so emotionally fragile. I don't see us attending anymore funerals for a little while. Just too hard to put ourselves in that situation. Maybe it's selfish on my part, but right now, I'm in survival mode. I'll be "normal" again when I figure out what normal is.

No comments: