March 19, 2012

Day from You-know-Where

It's here.
The day I didn't think I could handle. I was wrong. You handle it because you have to, because he would have. But by far, one of the worst days of my life. Very touched by all those who took off work to be there and support us. By the wonderful things that people had to say about him. His Arvest family was there as well as my Simmons Family. Very comforting to be a part of such a great group of people.
Funeral lasted about 45 minutes then on to the cemetary. Blessing of the grave was done by Matt and we were there less than 30 minutes. Back to the church for the lunch provided by some wonderful friends and then...back to real life.
Mom came home with us again and it has been comforting to me to have her here. I know she knows she has to go back home some time, but for now, I'm glad that she's able to spend some time with us.

No comments: