May 13, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

For Mother's Day weekend, I worked in the morning, then volunteered at the Van Buren Rotary Club booth at Old Timers Day in downtown VB. Usually Mom and I go to OT day together but we haven't been able to for the last coup le of years. I called her after I was finished working at the booth and she met me with Krennan and Kaleaha. We walked around and looked at all of the booths and then let the kids ride the rides. For Kay, the only request that she had for Mother's Day this year was that her whole family attend church with her at First Lutheran Church. Ron and the kids and I went. It was a different experience for the kids, they aren't used to having to be so quiet. After church we went to lunch with Kay and Tommy. Mom came over later that afternoon and we had dinner and visited for a while. Kaleaha drew me some pictures and Krennan made me a flower pot. It was an AWESOME day!

No comments: