May 25, 2012

2012 Utah/Wyoming Vacation-Brayson's Blessing

A few months ago, I mentioned that Kayla asked Ron and I to be Brayson's Godparents. After some strategic planning, she settled on having him baptized at the end of May so that we could attend. We left for Salt Lake on the 26th of May and arrived late that evening. We stayed with Tony and Barb Habovstak. They are such wonderful people and so generous to open their home to us any time that we're out that way. We had arranged to rent a mid-size car, but all they had available was a mini-van, then OOPS, I'm sorry we're out of mini-van's, would you like an SUV instead? Um, YES!! A Lincoln MKZ! Talk about a SWEET RIDE! We wanted to see Temple Square while we were in town (and drive the car some more)! Kaleaha didn't want to go, she wanted to stay home with Barb, so Ron and Tony and Mom and Krennan and me went to see the sights. On Sunday the 27th, we attended their ward. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a great time. It was nice to be able to actually sit through the adult classes. Then, unbeknownst to us, there was an airshow in town for the weekend. We, of course, missed the Saturday show, but church let out in time for us to see the Sunday encore. The Thunderbirds flew directly over Tony and Barb's house. It was awesome! Monday morning, the 28th, we pulled out for Afton. We got to Jim and Kayla's about 5:00 PM. Jim had cooked an amazing Prime Rib dinner for us and we met Brayson and visited with them until about 8:00. Kaleaha loved the baby, and Krennan made himself right at home hanging out the back door. After we ate, Jim took the kids outside and let them ride his horse. They now want to be official cowboys and cowgirls! After they came back inside, Kayla brought out a REAL cowboy hat. The kids took turns trying it on. Kaleaha loved it, Krennan left it on for a few minutes, then gave it back to Grandpa Jim. He heard Brayson fussing and ran over to help him get his binky back. Then he tried to hold a conversation with him. So precious! Jim had provided us with motel rooms for a few days and we really enjoyed the motel. The evening of 29th was Brayson's Baptism. Our family and Kayla and Brayson decided to go to Jackson for the day. We love to go to their outdoor mall and look at all the cool stuff. Krennan couldn't decide if he liked the life-like animals or not. When we got back into town it was time for the Baptism. Kayla and Jim had a great turn out for the event and it would have been perfect if Krennan hadn't discovered the handbells! After the Baptism, we went to our favorite restaurant in Afton. It's called Agave and it's incredible Mexican food. We were all pretty worn out after dinner, so we headed back to the motel to pack and get some sleep. We agreed to meet Kayla and Brayson for breakfast the next morning before we left. The kids got to get some energy out playing in the play area after they ate. Then it was time to say goodbye... We got back into town about 2:00 pm and met our friends, Jordan and Shawnee Griffeth for dinner. Jordan's parents, Craig and Susan, were also able to come. We went back to Jordan and Shawnee's new house for a little bit after dinner and got to see all the plans that they have made for their first home. Can't wait to meet Baby Carter who is coming soon! The 31st is our anniversary, so we spent it going to the Dinosaur Museum and eating at our favorite Utah restaurant, Robintinos. Then, way too soon, vacation is over. We flew home on the 1st of June and back to the crazy life we normally lead!

No comments: