February 18, 2011

Random Thoughts

Today I'm thankful for a variety of things, but mostly for the opportunity to spend quality time with my family. We get so little down time together to just play and relax, so I'm really looking forward to a weekend full of fun!
It's been a busy week as usual but so much fun. We're so proud of Kaleaha's gymnastics performance. She scored her personal best AND 2nd All Around. She's worked hard and it's amazing to watch her concentrate and perform her best in front of a crowd. She doesn't really get nervous like some of the kids, but she takes it seriously while they are competing, then it's over. Hope she keeps that attitude forever! Do your best then LET IT GO!
And Krennan...what can I say? He just makes me laugh. His facial expressions, his smile, his funny personality! And now...his dancing, I've been calling it the Frankenstein, but I'm open to other suggestions!

On a sadder note, a couple of months ago, a friend's husband that I graduated with had a heart attack and some complications. A very scary situation for them. Glad to report he's doing much better. One of my customers at work whose husband is younger than me had a 100% blockage in his heart and they almost lost him. Then this week on Valentines Day my friend's husband (my age) suddenly passed away. She is, of course, shattered and the kids are pre-teens. I feel so bad for her and her family. It's scary how suddenly your life can change.

I've been keeping all these families in my prayers as well as my parents. It makes me sad to be thinking about my dad's health. He appears to be going downhill very quickly and I know I'm not prepared for him to be gone. I've been trying to spend all the extra minutes that I can with him either in person or by phone so that he knows how much I love him and that I won't have regrets once he's gone, but I wonder if he really knows...

Moral of my story today...be grateful for all the precious time that we have with our loved ones and make sure they know how special they are.

No comments: