December 28, 2011

End of the Year update

Well, I'm 3 1/2 weeks out of surgery. So far the total is 34 pounds lost. I can't see a huge difference when I look in the mirror, but WOW do my clothes feel different! I feel like a palentologist some days. Finding bones that I'd forgotten I had! I'll post pics when you can actually SEE that I've lost weight!

As for the rest of my life, I still try to spend time with Dad and some days are pretty good. A short hospital visit scared us all, but for the moment he is holding his own. It makes me grateful for another holiday season that we got to spend together.

Hope 2012 brings lots of positive changes for our family and the opportunity to serve where we are needed.

2 comments:

The Hamby's said...

Michelle, I was actually pulling up my blog...and noticed that you posted recently and so here I am! I AM SO EXCITED for YOU!!! I can't wait to see you next time I'm at the bank! :)
Also, I didn't know your dad was sick and I agree with you fully about being grateful for another holiday season with the people you love! I'll keep him and you and your family in my prayers!

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

POST PICS NOW!!!! are you kidding me??? You have to show the JOURNEY!! Trust me....those of us who haven't seen you in a while, will be able to see whether you can or not!! And I hate to tell you, it will be a long, long time before you will be able to tell huge differences. Our minds play vicious tricks on us sometimes and it will be hard for you to hear people tell you how good you look. Soak it all in....enjoy!!!