November 27, 2011

Catching Up is Hard to Do

Trying to keep up should be so much simpler than this. I assume that I'm not busier than anyone else in life, but it seems like all we've done lately is either go to do the doctor's office or wait on results from a doctor. After 2 years and a million hoops that have been jumped through I finally have gotten the approval to have my Gastric Bypass. I'm SO excited!!! But, because we're so close to the end of the year, I had to start my liquid diet a couple of days before Thanksgiving. So grateful for my mom, who immediately volunteered to move our family dinner up so that I could participate. Love her! She always does her best to be or do exactly what we need. I'm so blessed to have goodly parents.
I was talking about doctor's appointments, meaning my Dad has had more than his share lately. I was talking to my BFF earlier this week and we were talking about how this stage in life is not fun. I HATE seeing my Dad sick and being unable to do anything to help. I feel bad for my Mom who has the biggest load to carry, trying to work and be there for Dad and taking him from one doctor to the other and being up all night when he's in pain. I wish there was more that I could do to help them. They are always so willing to help me. They coordinate with my MIL, who's awesome too. I'm grateful to have all of them in my life.
Back to my GB! Like I said, it's been a long time in coming and I'm SO excited for the time to finally be here! I had to go in for all of the pre-op admission stuff on Monday the 21st. I started my liquid diet on Tuesday the 22nd and as of yesterday, Saturday the 26th, I've already lost 10 lbs.
WooHoo! I'm very pumped! Can't wait to see what this week holds for me!
On another happy note, my children are AMAZING. Kaleaha (and I) survived her first overnight visit. During surgery I'll be in the hospital for two nights. So far, that has been the most stressful part of this whole process. The fact that I have to be away from them overnight twice in a row is much more tramatic for me then for them. She survived and was so proud of herself. Such a big girl.
She has also done extremely well in school and gymnastics. All A's in school for both 9 weeks this year. Our Parent/Teacher conference went very well. Her teacher, Mrs. Reith, loves her and is doing a great job with her. We had the first gymnastics meet of the year and Kaleaha did well ending up with 3rd All Around. It was only a fun meet, but gave the girls a chance to wear their new leos and warm ups. They looked so grown up.
Krennan is such a sweet kiddo. He's got little moments of PURE meanness. He cracks me up! I've never seen a kid go from cuddly and sweet to trying to bite or spank you in nanoseconds! He's a hoot!
Anyway, Just another day in my very blessed life. I'm so grateful to be here at this time, in this place for these experiences.

No comments: